CET 06/02/2016 Remember that the 24-year-old recently said that he would like to play under Pep Guardiola one day, while his father recently revealed that Manchester United, City’s big rivals, are also doing all they can to try and sign the player. Sport EN Neymar remains one of the objectives for Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. Despite the fact Guardiola wants to avoid institutional conflict by not moving for any Barça players, the British press continue to suggest City will make a move for Neymar, who is currently in talks about renewing his contract at the Catalan Club. This is what English newspaper the Daily Mirror are reporting about Barcelona’s Brazilian, with Guardiola set to take over at the Premier League club next summer. Manchester City would pay Neymar’s release clause, they say, to make him Guardiola’s first big signing. “They can pay what other clubs can’t,” a source close to the club said. Upd. at 13:10
A total of 160 Pakenham Springs Primary School students were given a guiding, experienced hand with their work last week…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
SPOTTED in the streets of Pakenham last week: one hotted-up Holden – nothing unusual there. But the driver had artfully…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By DAVID NAGEL FOR a man who knows his football inside out and has such an intricate game plan, Cranbourne…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Although the High Court has ordered that a date be set to host by-elections in the tied local authority areas, this is yet to be done.The Opposition People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) Chief Whip Gail Teixeira has since expressed concerns.During a press conference on Thursday, Teixeira said it was worrying that the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) and the A Partnership for National Unity/Alliance For Change (APNU/AFC) Government continued to disregard the rule of law.She explained that a week has passed since the High Court ordered that a date be set for the elections, but nothing has been done by either the town clerk or overseers in question, or by GECOM or Communities Minister Ronald Bulkan in this regard.Furthermore, she chided GECOM for abdicating its constitutional responsibilities to ensure each local authority area has its leadership installed.“GECOM must be reminded that the elections process of the March 18 Local Government Elections is at this point incomplete until the by-elections of the tied local authority areas are concluded,” she stated, noting that GECOM has a constitutional right to ensure these elections are held.The PPP/C had moved to the courts to stop Communities Minister Bulkan from illegally appointing a Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Mabaruma in Region One (Barima-Waini) as well as the Chairpersons and Vice Chairpersons in five other local authority areas in which the PPP/C and the APNU/AFC had the same number of seats after the LGE.Bulkan had appointed Kervin Crawford as Chairman and Gail Thomas as Vice Chairman of the Gibraltar-Fyrish Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC); Audrey Thomas as Chairman of the Industry-Plaisance NDC; Peter Livingstone as Chairman and Royan Junior Thomas as Vice Chairman of the Malgre Tout-Meer Zorgen NDC; Carol Nurse as Chairman and Wilbert Vhypius as Vice Chairman of the Woodlands-Bel Air NDC; Gershon Clarke as Chairman of the Woodlands-Farm NDC and Rupert Henry Smith as Mayor and Astrille Gamell as Deputy Mayor of the municipality of Mabaruma.However, the Court quashed these appointments and ruled in favour of the PPP/C on the grounds that that they were contrary to and in violation of Municipal and District Councils Act Chapter 28:01 and the Local Government Act Chapter 28:02. Justice Diana Insanally said that the decision “is in excess of and without jurisdiction, made in bad faith, is unreasonable, arbitrary, capricious, based upon irrelevant and improper considerations, mala fide, malicious, vindictive, unlawful, ultravires, null, void and of no legal effect”.
Letterkenny Sinn Fein Councillor Gerry Mc Monagle has welcomed the opening of Letterkenny’ second post office.The outlet at Glencar has been on the cards for a number of of months and is a much-needed facility after extensive public lobbying.Cllr Mc Monagle said the opening of the doors of the new Sub Post Office at the Glencar Shopping Centre today is very welcomed and will provide a much needed service for the community in the Glencar/Ballyboe and extended area of the town. “This is a service that we in Sinn Fein have been lobbying for over a number of years. A number of years ago we in Sinn Fein took up a door to door petition in the area to measure support for a Sub Post Office at Glencar with over 90% of the people we petitioned in support of a Sub Post Office being sited there.Cllr Mc Monagle continued “The Post Office will provide all the same services as the Main Street Post Office including social welfare payments.“Clients who wish to have their benefits cashed at the Glencar Post Office will have to contact the Department of Social Protection and advise them that they wish to move their payments from the Main Street Post Office to the Glencar Post Office. This will then enable them to collect their payments at Glencar Post Office.”The Letetrkenny town councillor said he wanted to express his best wishes to the new owners and staff at the Post Office saying it is a much needed facility for the area and he is sure it will be well supported. The new facility is operated by Paddy Dorrian who has extensive business interests in the Glencar area. LETTERKENNY’S MUCH-NEEDED SECOND POST OFFICE OPENS TODAY was last modified: July 1st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CLLR GERRY MCMONAGLEglencarpost office
By Paul LeckerSports ReporterMarshfield tops WaunakeeMeg Bryan had 16 points, and Katie Osinski added 15 points and eight rebounds to lift Marshfield to a 56-52 nonconference win over Waunakee on Jan. 20 at Waunakee High School.Bryan was 4-for-7 from 3-point range and 4-for-5 at the free throw line, and Osinski made six of her eight shot attempts for the Tigers, who improve to 6-8 with the road win.Jenna Jakobi added eight points and nine rebounds, and Kaydee Johnson had a career-high nine points for Marshfield, which was playing without starting center Hannah Meverden.The Tigers trailed 32-26 at halftime before outscoring Waunakee (10-5) 30-20 in the second half.Marshfield lost a nonconference game at Lakeland 65-55 on Jan. 18.Auburndale rips ChequamegonNatalie Aue had 23 points and 12 rebounds to help Auburndale to a 63-24 rout of Chequamegon in a Marawood Conference crossover game Jan. 19 at Auburndale High School.Aue was an efficient 8 of 12 from the field, 3-for-3 from 3-point range, and 4-for-4 at the free throw line for the Apaches (9-5, 6-4 Marawood South).Ten of the 12 Apaches that played scored in the victory. Marissa Ponshock added nine points and 10 rebounds for Auburndale.Stratford extends win streak to fourBlaire Lindner scored 17 points and had eight rebounds, and Chelsey Gliniecki added 14 points as Stratford defeated Abbotsford 55-42 in a Marawood Conference crossover game Jan. 19 at Stratford High School.Lindner was 6-for-10 from the field and 5-for-6 at the free throw line to lead the way for the Tigers, who improve to 9-6 overall and 8-3 in the Marawood Conference South Division, after their fourth win in a row.Taya Nett added 11 points, and Mariah Zawislan chipped in nine points and six rebounds for Stratford.The Tigers held Edgar to 12 points in the second half and cruised to a 56-33 win on Jan. 15. Gliniecki had 16 points and eight rebounds in the victory.Columbus blasts GrantonMarshfield Columbus Catholic held Granton to five points in the first half and rolled to a 45-21 victory in a Cloverbelt Conference East Division game on Jan. 18 at Columbus Catholic High School.Columbus Catholic (10-5, 7-4 Cloverbelt East) pulled out to a 28-5 lead by halftime and played its reserves for much of the second half to cruise to the victory.Marissa Immerfall had 12 points to lead the Dons, who had nine different players score in the victory.The Dons lost at Loyal 63-43 on Jan. 15. Immerfall had 19 points for Columbus.Spencer whips PittsvilleSpencer ended an 11-game losing streak with a 50-33 nonconference victory over Pittsville on Jan. 15 at Spencer High School.The Rockets rolled out to a 30-11 lead by halftime on their way to the win.Senior Lexi Baehr had 22 points, and Ariyah Schuh and Kaily Northup each added eight points for Spencer.The Rockets (2-12, 1-10 Cloverbelt Conference East Division) lost 94-27 against Owen-Withee on Jan. 18.
Tags:#NYT#social networks#web audrey watters The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videos Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification According to documents obtained by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the U.S. government is busily tracking social networks in a number of ways, including using sites like Facebook to monitor people who are applying for U.S. citizenship.According to a May 2008 memo by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, “Narcissistic tendencies in many people fuels a need to have a large group of “friends” link to their pages and many of these people accept cyber-friends that they don’t even know. This provides an excellent vantage point for FDNS [Office of Fraud Detection and National Security] to observe the daily life of beneficiaries and petitioners who are suspected of fraudulent activities.”In other words, social networking sites give the government an opportunity to reveal potential fraud by friending people who are applying for citizenship, then monitoring their activity to see if they are being deceptive about their relationships. “In essence,” says the memo, “using MySpace and other like sites is akin to doing an unannounced cyber “site-visit” on a petitioner and beneficiaries.”Social Networking SurveillanceAs the EFF points out, there are good reasons that law enforcement be able to use all the tools at their disposal to identify fraud and other illegal conduct. But the memo doesn’t indicate that immigration officials should have any other indications about suspicious behavior before conducting social networking surveillance. The memo also doesn’t say that officials need to be forthright about their real identities when “friending” immigrants, “leaving open the possibility that agents could actively deceive online users to infiltrate their social networks and monitor the activities of not only that user, but also the user’s friends, family, and other associates.”As EFF notes, this sort of surveillance is predicated on the assumption that users of social networking sites are posting things that are a true and accurate reflection of their offline lives – that what we post (or don’t post) about our relationships on Facebook really means something. Related Posts A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit
Pakistan Cricket Board chief Shaharyar Khan with the Board of Control for Cricket in India president Jagmohan Dalmiya in Kolkata on Sunday. Anindya SahaPakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan met his Indian counterpart Jagmohan Dalmiya on Sunday to discuss the resumption of bilateral cricket ties between the two countries, which have been suspended since the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai in 2008.In an exclusive chat, Khan said he was ‘positive’ that the series scheduled between the two teams in December would go ahead, bringing joy to millions of fans across the world. “I’m not just hopeful, I’m positive. We should resume our bilateral cricketing relationship. I feel the time has come for the two boards to make a clear decision that we shall be playing each other. If the approval of the government is required, fine. But we should make a very clear decision, because our public and the entire world want to see Pakistan and India play cricket with each other. That’s why I’m here,” Khan said.The PCB and the BCCI have a memorandum of understanding regarding future bilateral series, and with that in mind, Khan said the first preference would be for Pakistan to host India in the UAE in December. “We must play each other five times over eight years. Since India has to come to us for the first visit, the first series should have Pakistan acting as host. We know because of the security situation, India won’t be able to come to Pakistan right now. The security situation is improving very fast, but right now, India won’t be able to come for a full tour. We therefore have decided in the MoU that we will play in the UAE. There is much hope and expectation that the series will take place in December in the UAE. We want to make sure this happens now,” Khan said.advertisementAsked if the PCB was willing to consider a model whereby India would host the series and the two boards would share revenues, Khan said: “Anything can be considered with a view to resuming Pakistan-India series.Recently, when we played each other in the World Cup, all the tickets at Adelaide were sold out within 20 minutes! This means the world is looking forward to Pakistan-India matches. There was a task force report prepared on getting Pakistan back into the fold in 2012 and it stated very clearly that Pakistan-India series must be resumed, because they are more important than even the Ashes. I think the time has come and I hope that BCCI will recommit itself to this series.”PCB is committed to resumption. We already have a formula for it. We would like to follow that. But we can consider anything to get this process started again. We want the conditions of the MoU to be confirmed on both sides. In the UAE, people from both countries can come and watch. A lot of people are also settled there. So it will be a lot of fun.”Asked what it was like meeting Dalmiya, the 81-yearold career diplomat said: “We share a very warm, nostalgic and cooperative relationship. I have great respect for Mr. Dalmiya, we were very close during his first tenure as the BCCI president (2001-2004) when I had just become PCB chairman.”There were many occasions but the most important was his desire to go through with the 2004 series. I regard that as the landmark series of all time between Pakistan and India. I know what it generated; the goodwill, the public mixing with each other.”He added, “I was asked before the Indian team came, ‘should we have Indian supporters in one stand and Pakistani in others so that there is no incident’? I scratched my head for a while, and said, ‘No, put them together’. There were scenes of great friendship in those stands. What a tremendous example of camaraderie and goodwill there was!”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Conte makes clear to Man Utd he wants jobby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveAntonio Conte has told Manchester United chief Ed Woodward he wants the manager’s job.The former Chelsea boss, reports TMW, has turned down AS Roma and Real Madrid convinced the United job would soon become available.And after the dismissal of Jose Mourinho, Conte’s minders have assured Woodward his ambition hasn’t changed.The two parties have been in contact for the past two months, with Conte keeping himself available for the United post.However, working against Conte is Woodward’s priority, who remains Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino.